LIFE AT 25 :)!!!! 

      Turning 25 is no big deal apart from the fact that IT IS A BIG DEAL !!!
 All the more so if you belong to the female category of specie and are in a long distance relationship trying to restore some normalcy to your life post a major illness... Even more, if you are struggling career wise and are at your wits end trying to figure out life and are in the pursuit of happiness , whilst being surrounded by a bunch of over caring non family members whose SOLE motto in life is to get you married off to some random guy of their taste !!!! So hell yaa, it sucked big time when i turned 25 !!! 

     I tried being sagacious about it ... tried ..tried and tried some more ...... The more i tried , the worse it got.. It was a downward spiral,wherein i smiled and laughed outwardly,but fretted and fumed and sulked about my life... I felt i was the victim, when in reality i deserved so much more ...We all do,don't we? :)
I tried keeping myself busy but dreaded the nights... That's when i had no place to run.I realised that sooner or later, i had to confront my demons and make peace with my inner self...  

     But then that was when HE decided to take things into HIS hands.. 

     It all happened so quickly,on that fateful day in the month of July.My father met with a minor attack at work. Of course, he being the person he is , totally overlooked it and continued working.In the evening ,he casually mentioned that he had an episode of uneasiness at work. After me and my sibling throwing a fit, he agreed to get himself an ECG to check for any arrhythmia. I was right.The ECG showed abnormalities of an extreme nature.We were advised immediate hospitalisation to that place itself. But my gut feeling told me otherwise.That place seemed ill equipped to handle any emergencies of a surgical nature. The golden window period being critical, i knew i had to act instantaneously as I decided to go against the doctor's advise and sought to approach a well equipped hospital. It being the month of July,was pouring cats and dogs.I called up a couple of family friends for transport pronto and somehow got my father into the car.

       En route to the hospital i had intended to get him admitted to ,he suffered another major attack and i knew things weren't good this time. I had to take a split second decision and I got him admitted to another hospital  which was nearer than the one I had decided. As we pulled onto the pathway, i somehow got hold of the emergency on call cardiologist ( All thanks to JUST DIAL) and within minutes everything just kind of fell into place .The staff were prompt, knew what had to be done, the doctor arrived within minutes and he was wheeled into the Cath lab .
The Angiography revealed blockages of life threatening nature and I had to make the decision of going ahead with the process of Angioplasty asap. It was 11.30pm .I was hungry ,drenched till my bones and totally disheveled and I had to make the call. His life was at stake.. and I really couldn't afford to lose him as well after having lost mom years ago.

    I ran through the credentials of the doctor and gave the go ahead and trusted my gut.As he was wheeled into the OT in a semi comatose form, the clock chimed 12 times. I realised it was my dad's 63rd bday and here he was getting a new life!! Not knowing what to do, I prayed.I ain't deeply religious ,but yes i do pray regularly.All of a sudden i was at peace and i just knew that things were going to be alright..I gradually informed all the relatives and my sibling the course of events. Wanting to kill time, i decided to introspect my life and my so called miseries..

**  As i dwelled upon my past, i realised that this was the very cause of my unhappiness.. I was living in the past and was anxious about my future ... thereby forgetting to live in the present...

**  It dawned upon me that no one could be the reason for my happiness... My happiness was dependent on me. I could be happy for a single reason..or fret and fume over a million others!! IT WAS MY CALL

**  It occurred to me how unpredictable life is and that it must be lived to the fullest.
** How stupid I was to mull over the outcome ,when all I had to do was my duty 
**  I learnt to be thankful.Sure i dint have many things I should have had by now , But then,thanks to various experiences ,i also possessed certain qualities which made me stand out as a person.

  I decided to let bygones be bygones and start afresh.Learn from each day and live life with gratitude. I made a promise to myself to never wallow in self-pity ever again.Instead I decided to fight back. Whatever be the situation, I decided to find a way out ;if not around it then through it !!  I knew I had nerves of steel and all I needed was to hang in there.. until the storm abated...

         Shortly,the team of doctors arrived. The procedure went off successfully and he was out of danger for now, but there was more to follow - A quadruple bypass was needed to save his life.  I smiled and thanked the team profusely whilst being engulfed in a gamut of emotions.I realised that there was more to come in the following months and that my life was about to change drastically.. 

    As i watched the silhouette of the sky moments prior to the sunrise, it dawned upon me as to how much HE had managed to teach me in a day! 

                                                                 TO SUM THINGS UP ---
   "Learn to trust the journey ,even when u do not understand it... for therein lies the fun element ! "
Learning to forgive and forget, loving, sacrificing,going out of one's way for someone , deriving happiness from other's happiness , accepting circumstances & looking at the larger picture ......

Maaaan .. M i getting older n wiser!!!!
 :) :)

Comments

  1. back wid a bang!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ...thank me for some of the wisdom;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooo good vidya!!! Have a lot to learn from u!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment