Back with a Bang...................


Okies... I am back now with a vengeance.. a new found urge to pen down all this verbal diarrhoea that's been built up within me since the past few weeks.... ; )
U know I had been grumbling previously because I didn't have the time to do anything as I had to study! But shockingly it has been a good 15 days past my examinations... and am still so busy that I haven't found time to compose my thoughts and translate them onto words....


You must be wondering as to what on earth am I doing to be so busy ... Let me enlighten you...A few days into my exams i got a call from the principal of my college asking me for a favour.She wanted me to be a writer for a physically challenged girl who was very intelligent and smart ; pursuing a Masters in Management from the institute of Bajaj..... As surprised as I was pleased I didn't how to react.I mean common... being a writer for some one's post graduation papers!!! What if I couldn't play my part with the required amount of diligence and sincerity? She was entirely dependent on me to help her out during the papers..so what if i failed her? her hopes ...her aspirations?



A gamut of emotions were conceived in my tiny little head... and after what sounded like a pregnant pause I replied stating for some time to arrive at a decision... Once I cut my call I wondered as to why on earth was I even wondering! I mean common yaar... the greatest gift a person could probably give someone is by helping him/her in times of need.. Why couldn't I play the part of that Samaritan when i could pen down an entire blog upon doing something for the society... ( yeah... check out my old blogs :)

So I made up my mind to help her out and since then there has been no looking back.No sooner did my exams finish,than we met up and got to know each other... thawed the ice as u can call it :).. As the days progressed we bonded really well and shared great camaraderie..Time flew and before I knew it I was writing her papers.. Reading out to her whatever was difficult to interpret by her... sharing jokes with her in her college canteen... talking bout the various movies released that week and giggling like mad over stupid pj's and basically acting like a pair of school kids. and before i knew it, it was time for me to say goodbye to her as the rest of her papers were to be written by someone else.

As I look back upon those moments spent with her, I realise how much she has helped me rather than the other way around.. Always effervescent... fresh like a lily... with a beautiful smile lighting up her face... taking things in her stride... never letting her disability of being blind ruin her self confidence or career... and most importantly teaching me that life to each person is a gift of God which mustn't be wasted on harbouring any hatred/jealousy towards anybody ,instead must be used productively and cherished at each and every juncture.

We still do keep in touch and shall always will..... I know for sure deep down inside. Sometimes life teaches us so much in a matter of days that one's perspective drastically alters.That's what has transpired with me.... i can say with pride

All this thanks to one phone call ........

and most importantly thanks to a girl called " NIKITA " ...................

Comments

Post a Comment