DIL CHAHTA HAIN,KABHI NAAH BEETEIN CHAMKEELE DIN...

DIL CHAHTA HAIN,HUM NAAH RAHEIN KABHI YAARON KE BIN..

As i hum these lines my heart is filled with mixed feelings and my mind leads me through a gamut of emotions.Emotions that i have experienced and {am sure most of you reading this blog have too :)} shall always treasure throughout my life.The yesteryear days--- Our good ol' school days and the rocking rollicking college life.For someone who is at the threshold of entering into a new phase ,a new sphere of life my heart's filled with agony and estacy at the same time.Agony on account of the fear lurking inside me of being all alone minus my buddies in this bad world(cliche though it might sound!)and estacy as i have grown up and it's time for me to prove myself and become someone worthwhile!


Those days are really unforgettable and truly memorable.Growing up was so much fun with my pals and colleagues..Those days of school wherein i was a part of a huge gang(NOTE---not group ,""GANG"" :)] where we would unfailingly test our dear teacher's patience day in and day out..yet pass with flying colours ensuring a good academic as well as extra curriculum performance making it really difficult for the poor teachers to complain to our parents during our open house sessions!The frenzy created while celebrating FRIENDSHIP DAY and school picnics..The day i cried my heart out with my chaddi buddies(that's what i call my closest pals!)on leaving school to embark upon a new life ...a life of college..a life filled with freedom where one had to make one's own decisions..a life in which i had to make new friends and start from scratch..a period wherein i was engulfed in a gamut of emotions courtesy the teenage years.. :)

The "kidaas" done by me with my new set of friends..bunking lectures..playing cool games in the canteen and creating a pandemonium out there only to be severely reprimanded later!Life in junior college was super cool...time flew and before i knew i was now in degree college..Life soon changed drastically..and so did my close pals..(kehete hain ki samay insaan ko badal deta hain) priorities changed only to be followed by loads of academic decisions and stress..Expectations sky rocketed.Yet the element of zeal and zing was there in my life thanks to my new set of friends! (who i must add are with me even today) :) I enjoyed my degree life to the hilt.. from ragging the freshers in the canteen..the occasional dates.. the tact of revoking a proposal.actually many! (if i may say so) ;) rocking to the beats of the DJ during the coll fest..to making people dance to my performances and at the same time having a decent score in studies..

Today as i pen these lines down, i am the fag end of my college life only to realise how much i am going to miss it!Its like a bolt from the blue.I shall soon be on my own out there striving towards my goal.No more crazy gossiping and gallivanting and painting the town red.Its going to be work..work and only work.The same work which can make as well as break a person and create impossibly high levels of stress too!Its going be work round the clock,meeting deadlines ..burning the midnight oil..an uncertain life out there where only those with a killer instinct can survive.Yet inwardly there is this calmness within me.I know its time now for my actions to speak louder than words. . because
My will shall shape the future.
Whether i fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own.
I am the force.I can clear any obstacle before me or choose to be lost in the maze.
My choice.My responsiblity to win or lose.
Only i hold the key to my destiny...... ..... .....

Comments

  1. cool blog...ur slowly gettin up there...with the best!
    Life in the corporate world isnt really as bad and harsh as u make it up to be..yes, there are deadlines n pressures..(u r obviously representing ur company or firm which is in itself an added responsibilty and gettin paid too) but u really need'nt miss out on any fun at all..yes,u cant fool around like in coll but then it doesnt require u to sacrifice the fun element in any way..
    To sum up ur blog.."Life takes u through various and varied phases, adventures which make u grow up and look at life in a different light...so enjoy all these phases and make the most of it..!
    Afterall,u cant have 40yrs of coll life ..can u??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm…. Isn’t nice talking a walk back? … Reliving those wonderful ‘lost-forever’ moments… extremely painful as well… Coz you know you have already lived those moments… you know they are gone… gone forever… And that’s what life is all about… When you are a kid, you want to grow up so that you can smash those invisible shackles imposed on you by your parents to smithereens and break free… But, when you grow up, you realize, with an aching feeling of despondency, that your best days are already behind… And the life ahead is not as wonderful as you had dreamt it to be… Isn’t it terrible?
    Kudos to you Vidya! A writer should consider himself/herself successful when he/she manages to evoke some emotions in a reader’s mind… And it goes without saying that, you, with this beautifully crafted piece, have managed to do just that! And a special thanks to you for igniting a string of emotions in my mind, which has failed miserably of late to revive those lost moments and relive each of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual it was a well- written...now we need to work towards our goal seriously and sincerely. i can sum up as in peale's words "Optimistic visualization combined with faith and prayer can inevitably actualize achievements"
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good going gal!
    I thought u wud hv quit blogging by now.....considering that, u are doing a fine job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a mark of a good writer they say is the fact that he /she makes the reader empathise with what u ve written and u ve succeeded in both the post i read...hoping to c more posts soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very nice post.... i miss my college so badly... now iam married and here in US....iam missing it even more badly..... keep it coming.... loved ur post..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I happened to see ur blog and orkut profile through krithika koundinya.... she is my friend...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment