MUSIC - My first love ! 😊😊😊😊😊

     
      Theoretically speaking music is the art of expressing ideas and emotions by using the elements of rhythm, melody and sound either vocally or by instruments. But in reality for me, music is my oxygen ! My life! Music is an emotion that encompasses my heart and soul. My day begins and ends with it literally! ( As my hubby snores like a tractor stuck in concrete  - ekdam burrrrrrrrr types ) 😆😆 So try as I might, unless I choose to sleep alone I cannot escape the musical concert of my hubby! Anyway!!! I am digressing from the topic ..So yes, as I was saying music forms an integral part of my life and therefore I thought it is high time I dedicate a separate post to it !

            For someone who has recently shifted to a rental place post her wedding with bare minimal essentials, having access to music (thanks to his dongel and my laptop) is sheer bliss! I mean , I literally dance away my troubles listening to Bappida crooning " Tum humare BETTER  ho...... Hum tumhare hain BEST ...
Phir kyu lete ho tum pyaar ka itna test!!! "😊😌😄

           We all have those one off days wherein everything that could possibly go wrong ,does indeed go wrong! ( I have many such days!!😆) To combat them I have this exclusive super dooper awesome playlist . Yes , I have created playlists not just genre wise but also mood wise, for my moods never ask for my permission before changing!!!  😄 
 So I just make myself a piping hot cup of ginger tea and plonk myself upon my bean bag and listen to a few numbers.All of a sudden the world seems a much better place to live in and I feel reassured .. pacified and motivated to hang in there....
This is applicable for all of my mood swings .Be it loneliness , frustration , childlike playfulness, resentment or the feeling of being a nobody - to name a few!

       What is it that makes these songs so close to my heart? How do they manage to soothe me and embalm my wounds and inspire me to do better and not give up so easily ?

     Is it the Lyrics ? Or it's melody ? Or is it the soothing voice of the singer? Does language play any factor to liking a song? Or is it simply the message it conveys and we are able to relate the same to our current state of mind ?
I think its a hearty mix of all of the above .For a song to strike the right chord , it needs a haunting melody comprising of some beautiful lyrics accompanied by instruments in the background with mesmerising vocals and above all relatable to our state of mind!
 Or in some cases just a few shots of tequila and EDM would suffice  😁😁😈 ( I would recommend NUCLEYA )
 

      For someone who grew up listening to M.S Amma, Yeshudas, Pitukuli Murugadas and  Hariharan's Ghazals ( my brother is a beeeeeeeeeeeg fan )  and dancing to the Indi Pop numbers of the 90's { I still do that 😊}  , most of the current Hindi songs somehow fail to connect . But then once in a while there comes along a beauty which just mesmerizes you and makes you want to play it on a loop ... ( Thank you A.R Rehman ,Amit Trivedi , Ram Sampath ,Shankar Ehsan Loy and Pritam ( Yes i know he plagiarizes )



    As I have aged I have started exploring different genres of music (Also due to the insistence of my then bf and now husband!) and have come across some mind blowing music! Although I am still partial to Carnatic and Yeshudas's songs , I have started enjoying Indian folklore - introduced to me by my husband! The richness in the rawness of the artist's vocals ( in this video named Chaudhary) coupled with the instruments played make it so enjoyable!



Aao Balma is an amazing traditional bandish rendition by Padmabhushan Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan and his lineage which has Carnatic , Hindustani and Percussion all infused in perfect harmony!


  The music series I am addicted to is  NESCAFE BASEMENT -A Pakistani music television series which features live studio recorded music.by underground artists . The variety will leave you spellbound !Another not to be missed series is that of PAKISTAN COKE STUDIO created by Rohail Hyatt . Now I am aware we have our coke studio series which in all due respect is okayishhh ,save for a few beauties  ,but try listening to the Pakistani one .The variety of songs and the perfect fusion  makes me rapturous and takes me to a different world altogether.
Songs somehow take me back in time to a moment I have so carefully kept hidden in my heart ....a memory that resides in my mind ; albeit faintly . It is fascinating realizing that how much can be conjured with a few notes of a song ( Try listening to BILL CONTI  or HANS ZIMMER ).Something you did not even pay attention to - that memory is generated instantaneously upon hearing a few notes making you cry out in happiness or smile teary eyed. Reminiscing the past can be both joyful and painful and yet somehow soothe you.It gives me 
the strength to fight my battles and the solace my soul feeds upon.


 And if everything else fails I just put on some random Dhinchak music and dance like a possessed  creature . 😆😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
NOW YOU KNOW WHY ! 😁

WARNING : It can be as disturbing as watching TAHER SHAH gyrate to ANGEL! 














Comments

  1. True!!! Keep sharing good tracks like you have done above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try listing out songs instead of the video ..
    Good blog ! Put up more songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. taher shah - angel! hahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahaah
    nice one. bt list out songs with url link on blog .feel it needs more content .Whtevr is written is damn good but can do more


    Akhilesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been as amazing as u r..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! The excitement and emotions which you undergo when listening to these numbers could be sensed in your writing :)

    Thanks to this blog now the world know i buzz like a tractor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment