Lessons learnt from building blocks ! :)



           After a long time , today I decided to do something child like and started building something out of  "THE YOUNG ARCHITECT " blocks which were basically my 10th birthday gift .

fooling around ;) 
      Filled with excitement akin to a 10 year old , I carefully laid out a blueprint of the desired house in my mind palace ( Sherlock fan :P)  and began with gusto and what could possibly better this activity other than having some amazing "music" being played in the background along with a cuppa of "adrak chai"! So as I began constructing the base , I made the layman error of not paying proper attention to the surface area required for a sturdy construction to hold place and there went my initial efforts in vain as I saw the house crashing like a bowling ball hitting skittles !!!
   
  I reworked and this time ensured my unwavering attention to the base ,gradually building the house and basically just going with the flow enjoying myself immensely as I hummed those familiar lyrics of Saathiya !!  Pretty soon I was done , ( Honestly, would have been super embarrassing had I taken  long , considering the fact that these blocks are actually made for 10 yr olds!!!) As I admired my craftsmanship, (Yes, I can be a narcissist at times ;)  I actually felt elated that I decided to do this for it taught me THREE very important things :

      Firstly, I learnt that one can survive any circumstance, if one has a strong foundation. Often we tend to doubt ourselves and fear that we are not as competent as others ,especially on facing failure .All we need to do is focus on the "Fundamentals"  and keep building on them ,never quitting however trying the circumstances get!

        Secondly , I learnt that a house  (This can be anything in life) which might seem beautiful to me , might not for a majority. Say for instance - The house might seem too small for someone,whilst another may comment on the colour combination used,a third person may disapprove its layout . But does that mean that I should quit building the house as per my thought process altogether ? No. Absolutely not! Opinions matter but they must not define us or our thought process. If we aspire to please everyone , we shall find ourselves to be amongst the most unhappiest souls ! 

Had to take a selfie with my creation :) 
      Lastly , I learnt that one needs to be a little flexible in life to get things done.We must always work around something and eventually we find everything just falls into place  ! Until then we simply need to laugh at all the confusion and learn to revel in the chaos! Take the case of  these blocks ! Initially I had a tough time figuring out how to make my house look as elegant as possible with most of the fancy pieces missing in the set! (Tchh Tchh...Now don't judge me for the set is a couple of decades old!) But then as I progressed I realised that I had to make do with whatever pieces I had and make the best use of them and it worked out just fine in the end :)

       
"VERY OFTEN WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY AS WE FOOLISHLY BUILD STUMBLING BLOCKS  ON THE PATH THAT LEADS TO SUCCESS AND HAPPINESS" - LOUIS BINSTOCK







Comments

  1. Well written (and nice pic :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivational as always!! I am amazed that you have still preserved your decade old birthday gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sangi ! I have preserved a lot of stuff which means the world to me... Letters,greeting cards, gift wrappers also ! :p..all neatly tucked away in a box

      Delete
  3. Motivational as always!! I am amazed that you have still preserved your decade old birthday gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple things in life often teach us the most valuable lessons. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolute Beauty..! You never cease to amaze me by how you manage to pull off this act together of roping in the most simple deeds of our daily routine, like a block building game in this case, and extract out of them some of the most beautiful lessons of life..! Great work..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb.. very meaningful! You can build up a house or your life but to covert it into a home or to live life you need to accept the above points!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good article and very apt 3 points. If I may add , one more thing is to keep building as many houses and learn from each experience as compared to trying to build one perfect house which never gets built.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely analysis!! Yes you are absolutely right!! Maybe you should also start blogging ;)

      Delete
  8. Beauty !
    Loved your anology :)keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog ! Such a common thing but it was put so beautifully by you.. Also I feel that we learn from our mistakes and we can keep moulding them into thought process just like we can build new houses with the very same block

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u for your kind words...
      Many people have added to what I have written and it just makes me so happy that you are actually taking time out to read,understand and thereafter comment ! :)

      Delete
  10. Very well written Vidya...
    loved reading Lessons learnt from building blocks ! :)
    awesomely written!!!
    Yours words have impact

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much dear ! Feeling happy to hear this :)

      Delete

Post a Comment