More power to womaniyya!!!!




            As I glanced at my desk clock I realised that it was time for me to wrap up and leave,the reason being today's eagerly awaited women's badminton finale at Rio .As I shut down my laptop, I was filled with a tsunami of emotions (Not because I was menstruating or anything !) but because it was the first time ever an Indian athlete was assured of a Silver with the coveted Gold very much in sight .So here I was, filled with a gamut of emotions ranging from patriotism  (The pride that we made it to the final in the Olympics ! ) to anxiety ( So close, yet so far!)  to hope ( Ohh deep in my heart ...I do believe ,that we shall overcome some day!!!!) to the belief that P.V Sindhu shall achieve what no Indian athlete has been able to ,in badminton in the Olympics today..........


         The entire commute back home I recalled her previous match.The way she defeated Japan's
Nozomi Okuhara. She won the hearts of millions by her fierce stance and aggressive stroke play. Back in the morning Sakshi Malik made us proud by winning a bronze in wrestling at Rio by snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.It was sheer grit and resilience and the fire inside her to win that medal,that made her beat Aishuluu. A few days ago Dipa Karmakar stole the hearts of millions and came so achingly close to winning a medal by performing one of the most dangerous vaults to near perfection .. Back last week Bombayla Dev and Deepika Kumari played the archery match of their lives before bowing out in the quarters by a point.....




     
           Kind of proud of the different memes that are viral currently stating how women have ultimately bought laurels to India in this Olympics (Which is not completely right in my opinion)   But also kind of saddened of the harsh reality that beckons most of us women in this country. " Belan chalaanewalli ladkiyaan kya knicker pehenke hockey khelengi " was a dialogue in one of the best movies on sports , which pathetic as it sounds is unfortunately true...... We are often held to be the weaker sex and are more often than not , taken lightly ,treated unfairly and portrayed as mere objects of desire . So when amazing things like these happen , it just kind of re instills the faith in me that "Kehenewalle Kehenge , par Karnewalle Karenge". . Ultimately , if it matters to us the most ,we will give it our best and make it matter..... 

            No ,I am not forgetting that men too have tried their best at Rio and that Bindra came fourth by a whisker ... But the focal point of my blog is for all women out there who feel that they can't live their dreams because they are not given equal opportunities as men . Yes , many of us are not treated as equals yet .Yes, we are told to learn to cook and clean and give up on our aspirations because we are WOMEN and thereby EXPECTED to know the household chores and not DREAM BIG...Sometimes our existence itself is mourned and considered to be a burden. But amidst all this  have emerged women who have earned the entire nation's respect by excelling in their areas of interest ,against all odds. So I guess when we are not given equal opportunities ,we need to create them. We cannot harp on the dearth of opportunities . WE NEED TO CREATE THEM. . Life is tough for us women, we need to think like a man, work like a horse and behave like a lady ! However, things can change if we believe in ourselves and work towards our goal.

         The things I found common in all winners are DEDICATION, DEVOTION , DISCIPLINE ,SELF BELIEF and  above all that FIRE IN THE BELLY to achieve their desires. . All we see is their success .What goes untold is the extent of sacrifices they have made to achieve this .The trials and tribulations they have gone through , to emerge unscathed and victorious . .
We know their glory but never try to learn about the countless failures they faced before achieving success.

                                         So to all the womanniya out there !!!
    Dream big and fight for them, for dreams do come true when they are nurtured and executed to near perfection with each passing day.
So, I have made a promise to myself to be more like these athletes and less like airheads like Shobaa De ( Not that I can ever be so dumb , despite trying my level best :P ) I promise to never give up and fight ....Earn what I deserve and deserve every single penny that I earn ... I pledge to believe in myself more ,for unless I do , how on earth will others be able to ? I choose to look up to these women athletes who have made it ,despite all odds .. THANK YOU! For teaching me a very valuable lesson :That fortune indeed favours the brave .....


    As I post this blog , despite her level best efforts ,Sindhu bags the silver medal. Does that make me disappointed ? No.Not one bit! I am proud of her accomplishment, but the better person won today.This teaches me one more lesson . At the end of the day , one needs to give it one's best ,but sometimes that simply isn't enough. What do we do then ? Sulk ? Sink into depression ?
NO . WE STRIVE HARDER AND FOCUS ON BECOMING BETTER ;NOT BITTER...


         AS RIGHTLY SAID , 

           GOOD BETTER BEST ,
           NEVER LET IT REST ,
           UNTIL THE "GOOD " BECOMES "BETTER" ,
           AND THE "BETTER" BECOMES " THE BEST!

Comments

  1. Superb...keep blogging....love to read your blogs!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for commenting!!glad that you love reading my blogs :)

      Delete
  2. Good read.. Inspired me


    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Do keep encouraging me as always :)

      Delete
  4. Staight out of the heart n such a beautiful read!
    Easily one if ur best blogs
    Keep it up:*

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaikuu anonymous karke post kiya Aur neechu vinod likha!
      Thanks for commenting. Will keep up the good blogs,but do keep reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  5. This is superb!! typical mumbaiya style mein..."ekdum kadak"!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment